New Community Impact Mission
This is the NEW United Way
What is the Mission of Community Impact?
To improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities.
Community Impact Areas: United Way of Cape May County
Our experience tells us that the best way to help the most people is to focus on the underlying causes of the most serious problems. Here in Cape May County, we’re focused on critical issues like:
- Giving families the resources they need to be strong, such as quality childcare, counseling services and domestic violence intervention.
- Improving parenting, nurturing, discipline and conflict resolution skills.
- Providing families with decent and affordable housing options.
- Ensuring the availability of quality childcare
- Investing in Children and Youth
- Giving children the opportunity to succeed in life by providing safe places to learn, positive role models and other activities designed to help them become productive members of our community.
Offering Children Safe Places to Learn
- Providing opportunities for children to prepare for school and explore the world around them.
- Supporting mentoring programs that provide h3, one-on-one relationships with adults.
Promoting Healthy Living
- Enriching lives by promoting independence for seniors and people with disabilities, in addition to addressing substance abuse, mental health education and rehabilitative care.
- Enriching lives by promoting independence for seniors and people with disabilities.
- Giving all people – young and old alike – the resources to live with dignity.
Providing Basic Needs & Responding to Crisis
- Whether crisis is caused by natural disaster, illness or the economy, we are ensuring everyone has access to basic needs, including emergency food, shelter, clothing and utility assistance.
- Offering a chance for self-sufficiency through job training and placement.
- Providing emergency food, shelter and utility assistance.
It takes the whole community working together to reach our goals in these areas. We bring together people from across the community – people from government, business, faith groups, non-profits and ordinary citizens.